Electronic Engineer for Music & Electronic Design
About Empirical Labs
Empirical Labs Inc. is an award winning Pro Audio Company looking for a full time Electronic Engineer. Located in Parsippany, NJ, 19 miles west of New York City, we are looking for a motivated person, with some experience in Pro Audio Equipment Hardware and Software, and a passion for sound and music. The engineer will be working alongside the founder, Dave Derr, to create ground-breaking hardware and software products.
• Electronics Engineer or Computer Science Degree. Comfortable with MAC, Windows, and UNIX operating systems.
• Analog Design Experience. Schematic, PCB and Mechanic Cad experience. Surface Mount experience.
• Hardware design for microprocessor and support circuitry.
• Software design including small Operating system design for a variety of processors. Writing LCD display and various interface drivers will be necessary. Creating and maintaining Firmware.
• Ability to take good notes and learn a wide variety of tasks quickly.
• Some References required (past employment, schooling, teachers etc)
• Knowledge of existing audio hardware/software, and the latest trends in digital audio productions, with an interest in learning plug-in development skills.
• Understanding of low level CPU, machine code operation for MAC and Windows computers.
• Management Experience and Team building.
• IT and Network Management Experience.
• Plays a musical instrument, or has experience in music recording and production.
• Schematic & PCB Design, programming
• Analog Circuit Design
• Prototyping Analog and Digital Circuits
• Coding for microprocessors such as PICs and possibly other processor formats such as FPGAs
• Assist managing technicians - Manage and educate technicians and production workers.
• IT Assistance
Benefits with working at Empirical Labs
• 35 - 40 hours week with possibility of overtime
• Semi-Flexible hours
• Relaxed working conditions
• 50% of Health Insurance covered after the 3 months once 35Hrs per week is reached
• Room for advancement (upward mobility)
Local canadidates peferred. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Electronic Engineer Position" in the subject and include your contact infomation in the body of the email.