Full Spectrum Tone Shaping with an Analog Twist
Empirical Labs is proud to announce their Big FrEQ Plugin, partially extrapolated from our Lil FrEQ hardware EQ but expanded upon in sections and features. With twelve powerful sections of processing, it should single handedly be able to take care of all your tonal and spectral shaping needs for single tracks, as well as busses, including use as a versatile mastering tool. As always, Empirical brings new twists and functionality to Plug-in EQs, and labors over making it mindless to learn, and just plain FUN to use.
We’ve been overwhelmed and grateful for the excitement about BIG FrEQ. So much so that we’re making this pre-release version available now and for a special price of $99 (MSRP upon full release will be $149). We really hope you’ll love the sound and features of our first EQ plugin as much as we do and be sure to share your thoughts, presets, and tracks with us on directly and on Gearslutz. While Big FrEQ has already been through an extensive beta process, there is still the chance that a bug or two has slipped through. If you find anything, please submit your bugs here. The full release version of BIG FrEQ has been postponed. Click on the article for more information.
- 12 Sections of Processing
- 6 parametric EQ sections with 4 tone-shaping parameters that allow for “flat-top” EQ shapes:
- GAIN Knob – can be expanded to ±30 dB with the RANGE button
- FREQUENCY Knob
- WIDTH Slider
- SLOPE Knob
- A unique FINISHER output section for adding analog, tape-like saturation with up to 8x oversampling.
- FOCUS Frequency toggle for fine tuning frequency adjustment on each parametric band.
- SOLO button on each parametric EQ band for listening to the exact frequencies being shaped.
- Unique section Copy and Paste function on each band for quickly moving and duplicating bands.
- High Pass and Low Pass filters with adjustable Q and selectable filter orders from 6 – 96 db/Octave.
- High and Low Shelves
- Modern spectral display that shows cumulative EQ shape as well as colored individual bands
- Built-in preset management system with proprietary preset format for cross-DAW preset access.
- Copy and paste current settings from one instance to another using the preset menu.
- Stereo version is un-linkable for Dual Mono operation.
- 2 available interface sizes – small and large.
- Up to 8x Oversampling for the Finisher tested up to 768 kHz operation.
- Direct entry available for all parameters – double click on any parameter to type in a value.
- Master Phase Switch.
- Smoothly automate all parameters.
- Bypass any section to monitor changes and free up processing.
Pay Monthly or Annually.
• Subscription services are provided by Gobbler.
• When you subscribe, Gobbler will provide you one Subscription license.
• An iLok USB Generation 2 or higher is required to use the BIG FrEQ.